🎧
How to Listen to Videos in English
1
Click the settings icon ⚙️ in the YouTube video player.
2
Select “Audio track” and choose “English”.

Never Give Up?

Comment:

You advise against committing, yet Goethe says that Providence helps us when we truly commit.

I agree with this idea and what he says about commitment seems right to me too...


Answer:

Hello, I don’t know this person but I think he is implying an inner commitment, that is, Faith.

Indeed, it is Faith that we should not let go of, in a certain way. But Faith is precisely total trust in what the present tells us inwardly, and not a schedule built by one or several mind-egos.

The problem is that it is often distorted into automatic “never give up” attitudes, which feed the mind-ego, which does everything so that we won’t let go, in order to keep us in a rigid comfort zone rather than letting us taste serenity.

So if what you’re talking about is a commitment toward the outside, whether friendly, family, societal or religious, then indeed it clashes with what I advise, namely letting go and permanent listening to the present.

Here, everything is given freely and without ads.
You alone decide whether to give something back if you wish to thank me.